Market Entry Consultancy
Ashford Benjamin has successfully advised a number of international and PRC law firms on entering the Hong Kong legal market. Our decades of experience in Hong Kong, our knowledge of the legal practice landscape, and our comprehensive
We manage the project from planning stages, through to opening in association with a Hong Kong firm, to achieving growth and hiring targets over subsequent years.
These services include:
- Free initial consultation, to discuss the clients’ current situation, and plans for expansion
- Full viability report, including all costing for setting up the office, risk/reward analysis and in-depth advice on potential practice areas, pitfalls, and competition
- Finding local law firms with whom to go into
association, and managing those negotiations
- Building the initial partnership team, and growing the subsequent partnership and teams of associates
- Working together long term to ensure the continued growth and success of the Hong Kong office
Ben is a Barrister of England & Wales (Middle Temple) and previously practised employment law in London, before moving into executive search. He has over a decade of experience completing search mandates for lawyers and compliance professionals on a global basis.
He has been awarded Best Recruitment Consultant in Asia-Pacific by Global Recruiter and awarded Best Legal & Compliance Headhunter in Asia-Pacific by AsiaMoney.
He moved to Hong Kong in January, 2010, and has been highly successful in the legal recruitment market since then, placing lawyers and compliance professionals from mid to senior level. He founded Ashford Benjamin Ltd, with the firm belief that the legal market in Hong Kong deserved a better, new kind of search firm.
Ben is a regular contributor to legal journals and is actively involved with furthering the legal profession in Hong Kong; being regularly invited to sit on industry discussion panels and regularly attending Hong Kong Law Society functions.
Aside from legal recruitment, Ben sits on the fund-raising committee of Liberty Asia – an anti-slavery charity, and has advised students on legal careers at Hong Kong University’s Law School.